Tuesday, February 3, 2009

On the constant road to conversion

Today was a very humbling day for me. My day started off with meeting Deacon Mike in a Bowling Green coffee shop. I met Deacon to discuss possible employment opportunities with a new Catholic radio station he's starting in the Toledo, Findlay and Sandusky areas. This will be a great way for me to serve the Lord and His Church. Deacon and I are praying for the Lord's will to be done concerning employment. I need to ask my wife for her blessing as well. This is very exciting!

After meeting with Deacon, I decided to stop in to St. Thomas More parish and visit Father Michael Danderand. He has been such a wonderful pastor and councilor to me. But, I was told he was up in Toledo for a meeting.  So I took advantage and spent some much needed time in prayer before our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. The Sacred Host was exposed in the monstrance on the altar today. I was in near tears as I sat there pouring over my fears, hopes and dreams before the Eucharist. After spending fifteen minutes or so I thought I must be heading home. My friend from Columbus is home and we had a lunch meeting. 

On my way to the car Father Michael happened to be at the church. He welcomed me into his office and we sat there talking for about a half an hour. Our visits usually consist of me telling Fr. Mike what is new in my life and he tells me how things are at the parish. I inevitably share with him my struggles of being the only Catholic I know and how I DESPERATELY want my family to join me. He gives me really good advice on how we are to live and love as Christ does. I shared with Father Michael my brokenness and how I've been filled with a lot, a lot of anger. Through our discussion he helped to reveal how selfish, arrogant and prideful my heart has been to others. Though it wasn't the Sacrament of Confession, I was very humbled and realized how I have been treating those I love regarding their differing faith. Father Michael gave me the Litany of Humility to pray for God's gift of selflessness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment