Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Lady Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral - Toledo, OH


I visited my diocesan Cathedral today. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  I was in Toledo for a meeting with my new employer Annunciation Radio, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to visit the cathedral since I was in the area. 

While I was in prayer at the Cathedral, Bishop Leonard Blair came into the sanctuary from the Bishop's chapel with a group of priests. I did not have an opportunity to speak with him to ask for his blessing. He was busy speaking to three priests and then he went back. They continued on with a tour of the Cathedral which was given by an older gentleman who seemed like he had been working there for many years and was now in his retirement years. I over heard the guide say to the three visiting priests that a department of the Vatican has recognized Rosary Cathedral with the title of the most "amazingly beautiful cathedral" in the United States. I have a friend who I'm sure thinks the Immaculate Conception Cathedral in Washington, D.C. is just as impressive.  Here are some pictures I took today of Rosary Cathedral:   

























No comments:

Post a Comment